Some people have called me a thought leader, but I would rather consider myself a creative thinker who enjoys solving problems through collaboration and sharing.
ADVISORY BOARDS / GRANTS AWARDED
- Advisory Board: Harrisburg University of Technology, Learning Technologies Advisory Board: Worked with colleagues in the instructional design/training industry to develop a program curriculum that met the skills and knowledge needed by local, national, and international companies.
Harrisburg University of Technology (2006)
- Advisory Board: MU Online, Guiding Policy and Processes for online instruction at Millersville University. Worked with faculty, administration, and staff to develop best practices for online education.
Millersville University (2004-2009)
- State Grant: Successive Practice using Universal Curriculum Design Principles for Students with Disabilities to Maximize their Active Participation in Education. Millersville University, Millersville, PA (2007)
- Award: Preparing Tomorrow’s Teachers to use Technology (PT3)
In collaboration with Dr. Ojoma Edeh Herr, assumed the leadership role in establishing the first Assistive Technology Lab at Millersville University. This lab, resulting from the PT3 grant was in compliance with the federal law, Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004. The Assistive Technology Lab is primarily used to properly train pre-service teachers to use Assistive Technology in 21st century classrooms.
Millersville University, Millersville, PA (2004)
INVITED LECTURES AND PRESENTATIONS:
- A Collaborative Approach to Distance Learning Policy Development, Educause Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference 2008, Philadelphia, PA (2008)
- Teaching Gifted Students with Technology, Institute for Teachers of the Gifted, Millersville University, Millersville, PA (2006)
- Ahh... Now I get it: Using Turnitin Gradebook and Respondus StudyMate as tools for example-based learning, student assessment, and student record management. Resources for the Electronic Classroom (RECAP) Conference 2006, West Chester University of Pennsylvania, West Chester, PA (2006)
- Curriculum Redesign Workbook: Rebuilding the curriculum for online instruction, Educause Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference 2004, Baltimore, MD (2004)
- Curriculum Redesign Workbook: Rebuilding the curriculum for online instruction, Middle Tennessee Annual Instructional Technology Conference, Middle Tennessee State University, TN (2004)