My name is Al Unrath. I started the Athinker brand in 2000 a couple of years after receiving my graduate degree in Instructional Technology. The goal of the company was to apply my philosophy of Analysis-Thinking into everyday actions to help people and organizations reach their potential.
Over my lifetime, I have collected and connected experiences from across a broad spectrum of environments:
- building solutions for the highway construction industry
- teaching at an elementary school(every second is problem solving)
- supporting science learning nationwide for Discover Magazine
- developing news industry training on using Adobe Acrobat to improve workflow
- teaching multimedia software as part of Workforce Development
While being an instructional designer in higher education, I worked with over 150 subject matter experts across almost every subject area. This broad experience/knowledge base has helped my corporate clients because I can more quickly build relationships with the organization.
I was born and raised just outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. My life was filled with many chances to explore and experience. I started building solutions at a young age: learning to weld by age 10, restoring my first car by age 14, and getting involved with the US Patent process by age 18. I have designed and developed products many people see every day. As both a car guy and an environmentalist, I have collected and worked on cars dating back to 1916, but my daily driver is either a customized electric-powered CommutaCar, A vegetable oil-powered car, or my electric bike.