Projects I've managed are spread across universities, learning management systems, and corporations in the form of courses and websites. I am happy to explain more about the projects and processes I took to execute each successfully.
If you don't see a sample of a specific type of project you are looking for, contact me to view additional work samples and to discuss my recommendations for creative, user-centered approaches to learning. Please note that some projects have been for organizations that may hold rights to certain materials, in which case I have limited permission to share.
WEB DESIGN and LMS PROJECTS
Project: Learning Management System design and setup
Description: TherAbilities Inc. contracted with me to design, develop, and implement online training programs targeted toward pediatric therapists. The Phase I activities involved developing the LMS systems (LearningCart and Moodle) template, setting up the system, and developing a new company website.
Phase II of this project is to research the training market for pediatric therapy service training opportunities and to develop online courses to provide authentic learning experiences.
Project: Social Media Campaigns Course Redesign
Description: Collaboration with faculty member to completely redesign course from a "knowledge recall" course into a full immersive authentic learning experience. The new goal became to guide the students through all the skills and knowledge needed to be a Social Media freelancer the day the course ends. .
Project: Principles of Management
Description: Collaboration with faculty member to completely redesign course from a "knowledge recall" course to be an authentic learning experience where students act in the real role of a manager in an organization.
Project: Econ101: Principles of Macroecon
Description: Collaboration with faculty member to redesign course lessons and activities from a face-to-face 15 week semester course to a 5 week online course.
Project: ENTR315 Entrepreneurship Practicum
Description: Collaboration with faculty member to redesign course to a "project centered" authentic learning experience course with immersive learning. Individual students or teams of students develop a company, product, and media campaign. Each team also prepared for a Shark Tank event.
Project: LTMS500 - Macro Instructional Design
Description: Developed the program curriculum, course objectives, lectures, instructional materials. Course instructor. [View Presentation-LTMS500-Ch4-IdentifSubord-an-EntrySkills.pdf]
Project: MATH100 - Survey of Mathematical Ideas
Description: Collaboration with faculty member to convert a 15 week course into a 5 week face-to-face compressed course with redesigned lessons into real-life application of number theory, geometry, topology, probability, statistics, computers, consumer mathematics and set theory. [Email me for details and specific instructional examples]
Project: LTMS518 - E-Learning Design
Description: Developed the program curriculum, course objectives, lectures, instructional materials. Course instructor. [Email me for details and specific instructional examples]
- Additional Examples available upon request -
E-LEARNING DESIGN / MICRO-LEARNING / PRODUCTS
Project: Open Educational Resource: Public Speaking: The Virtual Text - The Public Speaking Project
Description: In this project I helped the faculty member move from an idea to a design, development approach, and implementation strategy.
This website offers an assortment of virtual tools to help users improve their public speaking skills. A variety of speech professionals who are dedicated to providing free and low cost instructional materials contributed their original work.
Captivate Skills (Software Simulated training, Web/Product tours, E-Presentations, Responsive)
(1) Tool: Captivate - E-Presentation
Description: Faculty member needed a tool to present the process of using the Chi-Squared analysis. The tool needed to operate inside of an LMS exam where the students were assessed on their knowledge of Chi-Squared Analysis. [View Chi- Squared Project]
(2) Tool: Captivate - Software tour and presentation
Description: Client needed a method of delivering the new student orientation for students who could not attend the face to face orientation. [View Lancaster Seminary Online Student Orientation ]
INVITED LECTURES AND PRESENTATIONS:
- $15 Screen Capture Software and a YouTube Account--Presto... You're a Help Center! Educause Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference 2010, Baltimore, MD (2010)
- A Collaborative Approach to Distance Learning Policy Development, Educause Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference 2008, Philadelphia, PA (2008)
- Teaching Gifted Students with Technology, Institute for Teachers of the Gifted, Millersville University, Millersville, PA (2006)
- Ahh... Now I get it: Using Turnitin Gradebook and Respondus StudyMate as tools for example-based learning, student assessment, and student record management. Resources for the Electronic Classroom (RECAP) Conference 2006, West Chester University of Pennsylvania, West Chester, PA (2006)
- Curriculum Redesign Workbook: Rebuilding the curriculum for online instruction, Educause Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference 2004, Baltimore, MD (2004)
- Curriculum Redesign Workbook: Rebuilding the curriculum for online instruction, Middle Tennessee Annual Instructional Technology Conference, Middle Tennessee State University, TN (2004)
ADVISORY BOARDS / GRANTS AWARDED
- State Grant: Successive Practice using Universal Curriculum Design Principles for Students with Disabilities to Maximize their Active Participation in Education. Millersville University, Millersville, PA (2007)
- Advisory Board: Harrisburg University of Technology, Learning Technologies Advisory Board: Worked with colleagues in the instructional design/training industry to develop a program curriculum that met the skills and knowledge needed by local, national, and international companies.
Harrisburg University of Technology (2006)
- Award: Preparing Tomorrow’s Teachers to use Technology (PT3)
In collaboration with Dr. Ojoma Edeh Herr, assumed the leadership role in establishing the first Assistive Technology Lab at Millersville University. This lab, resulting from the PT3 grant was in compliance with the federal law, Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004. The Assistive Technology Lab is primarily used to properly train pre-service teachers to use Assistive Technology in 21st century classrooms.
Millersville University, Millersville, PA (2004)